If you are just looking to cope with Anxiety then perhaps therapy would work well for you, if you're ready to CHANGE YOUR LIFE and overcome Anxiety, come and talk to me.
When I started going through serious stress and anxiety in my life, I went down what I believe is the traditional road. Went to the doctors, was VERY quickly prescribed with medication. Then went to a psychologist who gave me some practical advice but didn't really help me progress beyond that.
I felt like the people I was seeking advice from didn't really understand where I was coming from. They hadn't had Anxiety and therefore were prescribing and giving advice based on learnt solutions to the problem.
I would have found it extremely valuable at that point to talk to someone who had been there.
Someone who had worked through their Anxiety, accepted it and decided to go ahead and live a full life anyway.
Many of the online solutions I found were really coping tactics, which can absolutely make a difference but on their own often are not enough.
Coaching is totally customized depending on your situation, but may include many of the following elements:
- Discussions around acceptance and leaning into Anxiety to weaken it's grip on you
- Coping strategies for how to calm down in the moment, particularly when you're having a panic attack
- Someone to talk to who's been there and UNDERSTANDS HOW YOU FEEL
- A place to understand what's causing your Anxiety and to explore what started it
- Accountability for taking action to reduce and remove Anxiety symptoms
- Advice for meditation and mindfulness that will help to reduce overall stress
- Nutrition - Diet has a large role to play in long term wellness and has HUGE benefits for Anxiety sufferers
- Exercise - I have found that being physically fit and having energy were key to my recovery. I will provide guidance on how and where you can workout. Moving every day is important and moving quickly once in a while doesn't hurt!
- What to avoid - Many substances are Anxiety triggers - Caffeine, Alcohol, Tobacco, Sugar, Sweeteners - We will discuss why and what better alternatives are available
- How your relationships affect your Anxiety - this includes partners, family and friends
- Your work - Is it supporting you? Fulfilling you? or making you MORE anxious?
- Where you live - Does it inspire you? What are your options?
- Lastly some smiles - I have been known to tell the odd joke or fun story
Oh and if you're wondering how your mental health affects your physical health see below.
Very Anxious Tim on the left, Working on my mental and physical self on the right
This call could be a life changing experience for you.
If you show up, lean in and ultimately want to recover it will be a strong discussion.
You will need to be committed to overcoming Anxiety