In this episode I talk about why we should embrace boredom. I discuss how today there are so many ways to be distracted that it's more important than ever to not be. I also explain how embracing boredom is like embracing anxiety.
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
Please click here to leave a review - http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
Cal Newports Books: http://calnewport.com/books/deep-work/
In this particular episode you will learn:
- Why we constantly get distracted by novel stimuli
“The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity.” Ellen Parr
- There are benefits from boredom in terms of creativity
- Consider that you may be bypassing feelings altogether
- When in your life are you actually 100% present?
- What does it mean to have a crutch person
- Why embracing boredom is like embracing anxiety