In this episode I speak to Dr Tom O'Bryan about autoimmune damage and how it's related to much of the disease we see today. We go into detail about gluten and it's affect on the body including but not limited to anxiety and other mental disorders.
Dr. O'Bryan is a world expert on gluten and it’s impact on your health. He is an internationally recognized and sought after speaker and workshop leader specializing in the complications of Non-Celiac Gluten Sensitivity, Celiac Disease, and the development of Autoimmune Diseases as they occur inside and outside of the intestines. He is the founder of www.theDr.com and the visionary behind ‘The Gluten Summit - A Grain of Truth’, bringing together 29 of the world’s experts on the Gluten connection to diseases, disorders, and a wide-range of symptoms and ages. You can find this info at www.theglutensummit.com.
Dr. O’Bryan is considered the ‘Sherlock Holmes’ for chronic disease and metabolic disorders. He is a clinician par excellence in treating chronic disease and metabolic disorders from a Functional Medicine Perspective. He holds teaching Faculty positions with the Institute for Functional Medicine and the National University of Health Sciences. He has trained thousands of practitioners around the world in advanced understanding of the impact of food related disorders and the development of individual autoimmune diseases.
Get Tom's book here: https://www.amazon.com/Autoimmune-Fix-Hidden-Damage-Disease/dp/162336700X
Eat Fat, Get Thin by Dr Mark Hyman
In this particular episode you will learn:
- How everyone has a weak link somewhere and often food intolerances cause these weak links to break
- Anxiety for those susceptible is often the result of gluten
- “No human on the planet can digest gluten”
- How eating gluten reduces blood flow to the brain
- For only 1% of the history of humanity our civilization has been farming
- Start by spending 1 hour a week learning about this new concept. Or making one new recipe a week that your family can try
- The whole body is involved when there is an imbalance, therefore taking point solutions like drugs won't help resolve it alone
- How to put your "condition into remission"
- How changing my diet got me off my inhalers
- When cutting edge research is published the average is 17 years before the doctor in your local practice will know about it
- How the family can learn to do it together
- How many people accept mediocrity in their health
- How people are affected by dairy products
- How gluten free diets have reversed ADD, Autism, Epilepsy, Alzheimers etc
- With celiacs disease you're twice as likely die than someone without it
- "You cannot get a little bit pregnant and you cannot have a little gluten"