In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety - http://timjpcollins.com/free
Please click here to leave a review - http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
In this episode I talk to Drew Ramsey M.D. about his approach to treating Anxiety with an essential guide to eating for a sharper, happier, healthier brain. This episode has some great discussion about things you can implement straight away to affectively repair your brain.
Drew's Site: http://drewramseymd.com/
Drew's Ted Talk - A Brain Food Prescription from the Farmacy: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4R_gUhgg70Q
Drew's Book - Eat Complete: https://www.amazon.com/Eat-Complete-Nutrients-Brainpower-Transform/dp/0062413430
In this episode you will learn:
- How in the world of Psychiatry there isn't much learnt towards diet or lifestyle
- How we should approach food from a joyful standpoint
- The right food choices can actually rebuild brain cells
- How the western diet shrinks our brains
- What is BDNF (Brain-derived neurotrophic factor)
- "The average American eats almost no omega 3 fats"
- How critical exercise is as part of Drew's regime
- Why you should be gentle with yourself when making changes
- How you can expand your kids palate
- Ideas for travel snacks: Sardines, Nuts, Beef Jerky, Tube of Coconut Oil
- How our global IQ would go up by 13% if we ate enough Iron
- "Built for the shelf not for your health"
- "Put your phone off and away from the table"
Favourite foods that rhyme:
Seafood/ Greens/ Nuts & Beans (And a little bit of dark chocolate)