In this episode I talk to Dr Kathy Gruver about diet, fun, flying and she even tells about a very useful mini meditation we can do at any time of the day.
Kathy Gruver, PhD is an award-winning author and the host of the national TV show based on her first book, The Alternative Medicine Cabinet (winner Beverly Hills Book Awards). She has earned her PhD in Natural Health and has authored five books, Body/Mind Therapies for the Bodyworker and, Conquer Your Stress with Mind/Body Techniques (Winner Indie Excellence Awards, Beverly Hills Book Awards, Global E-book Awards, Irwin Awards, Finalist for the USA Best Books Award). Her latest book, Journey of Healing just won three awards (USA Best Book Awards, Pinnacle Awards and the non-fiction category of the London Book Festival) and she co-wrote Market my Practice.
She has studied mind/body medicine at the famed Benson-Henry Institute for Mind-Body Medicine at Harvard Medical School and has been featured as an expert in numerous publications including Glamour, Fitness, Time, More, Women, Wall Street Journal, CNN, WebMD, Prevention, Huffington Post, Yahoo.com, Ladies Home Journal, Dr. Oz’s The Good Life, First, Women, Massage and Bodywork magazine, and Massage Magazine. She has written dozens of health and wellness articles and contributing posts. Dr. Gruver has appeared as a guest expert on over 250 radio and TV shows including NPR, SkyNews London, Morning Blend in Las Vegas, CBS Radio, and Lifetime Television, and has done over 200 educational lectures around the country for everyone from nurses in the Middle East to 911 dispatchers in New Orleans, corporations around the US and teachers in her own backyard. She is currently working a project for the military to create and institute a stress reduction program. For fun and stress relief Dr. Gruver does flying trapeze and hip hop dance.
In this particular episode you will learn:
- Why it's important to put some lightness into healing from Anxiety & Stress
- Why we have to honor where everyone is in their journey
- We have a choice as to how we will show up each and every day
- We can't always stop the stress but we can choose how we interpret it
- Why flying on planes isn't always just about the turbulence its about the whole experience
- Why food choices have such a big impact on the way you feel
- Mini Meditation - Inhale "I am" Exhale "At peace" (I Love This)