In this episode I talk to Laurie Burton about presenting, communication and public speaking. We talk about how to put ourselves out there in order to have more confidence, and give better presentations.
Laurie Burton is an internationally recognized speaker, innovator and author who has helped thousands of people improve their ability to communicate effectively, in order to create more success in business and in life.
The author of Presenting You, Laurie’s techniques generate dramatic results in an amazingly short time. Promoting the use of each individual’s unique passion, energy and animation, she encourages attendees to her workshops to be comfortable with themselves, and work through their anxieties,creating more effective opportunities to lead, inspire,express,and sell!
In 1985 Laurie became a senior lecturer at the University of California, School of Cinematic Arts, where she taught acting and directing for film in both graduate and undergraduate programs. There, Laurie developed training sessions with a focus on what she believes is one of the most dynamic, yet overlooked tools available for expressing ourselves – the human body, or Human Instrument.
A 30 year veteran performer of film, television and theater, Laurie uses her acting experience to help people connect more deeply with others through The Art of Communication.
Laurie Burton Training:
● Separates speakers from the words being said
● Pushes presenters past their product
● Inspires confident communication
Laurie’s clients include Fortune 500 companies such as IBM,Merrill Lynch,and ITT.
In this particular episode you will learn:
- Why we should face our fears to make sure we can fully express who we are
- What it means to Color our language to with emotions
- How we should position our bodies when we talk
- What our energy gives off before we even talk
- How to introduce yourself effectively
- What it's like to cross the imaginary line
- What's the difference between regular tension and racehorse tension
- What is a personality workout?
- Laurie helps us with some other exercises to try before speaking
Become an Anxiety Podcast supporter: https://patreon.com/anxietypodcast
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/timjpcollins?sub_confirmation=1
Retreats page: https://timjpcollins.leadpages.co/retreat/
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222
Please click here to leave a review -http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
Join the Less Anxiety More Life community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/lessanxietymorelife/