In this episode I talk to Sarah Stewart about her story with going from being anorexic and being in the modelling industry, to using meditation and mindfulness to overcome it.
Sarah Anne Stewart was thrown into the world of wellness as a teenager when her father was diagnosed with terminal cancer. Her family made a choice - to fight back with alternative medicine.
Seven months later, her dad was declared cancer-free, and a spark was lit in Sarah that propelled her to dedicate her life to spreading the healing's her family had discovered. Today, Sarah runs one of New York City’s leading private coaching practices, as a Certified Holistic Health Practitioner (AADP), with a primary focus on nutrition and permanent weight loss.
Her heart-centered approach has allowed hundreds to reach their health goals naturally, without ‘crash' dieting. Sarah is also the founder of the Holistically Slim Movement, an advisor to several empowerment groups, an in-demand public speaker, and author of the e-course, “Meditate Slim”.
When not supporting her clients, she can be found leading transformative wellness experiences around the globe. Her mission and passion are one in the same: Shifting the world to a greater state of happiness through well-being.
In this particular episode you will learn:
- How Sarah became interested in holistic approaches in the first place
- Why we should view how we eat as more of an experiment as opposed to moving from diet to diet
- Anxiety around eating habits can happen at any time
- How Sarah began to have to change her eating for her modelling career
- How she nearly died due to her anorexia
- People didn't have any compassion due to Sarah being beautiful and in being in the modelling world
- How simply fixing nutrition wasn't the answer
- How in modelling over time it will go away and you will be replaced. It's not a long term place to invest energy
- How Sarah began to turn her life around and where meditation came into it