In this episode I talk to Dr Robert Rosenberg about sleep and how important it is to us. Dr Rosenberg is a expert on sleep and has made it his life's work. This episode is full of information that will help you get a better nights sleep.
Dr Robert S Rosenberg is Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Diseases and Sleep Medicine. For the last two decades Dr Rosenberg has limited his medical practice exclusively to Sleep Medicine. He is the Medical Director of The Sleep Disorders Center of Prescott Valley. Dr Rosenberg is a national leading expert in the field of Sleep Medicine. He has appeared in many popular magazines such as Ophra Magazine, Woman's World, Prevention, Self and Glamour to name a few.
In this particular episode you will learn:
- What is Fear Extinction
- What actually happens when you sleep, and why this is important to stop you being anxious
- Why journaling before bed can be beneficial
- If you don't get enough sleep you spend more time processing emotional things during the day & look at things more negatively
- For adults the ideal amount of time per night is 7 - 9 hours
- Why sleep is critical to reducing Anxiety
- Why you should avoid blue from technology light 90 mins prior to going to sleep
- What is Caffeinism?
- How Alcohol affects sleep
- What you should eat before sleep?
- How Anti Anxiety Drugs affect sleep
- How does PTSD affect sleep?
Become an Anxiety Podcast supporter: https://patreon.com/anxietypodcast
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/timjpcollins?sub_confirmation=1
Retreats page: https://timjpcollins.leadpages.co/retreat/
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222
Please click here to leave a review -http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
Join the Less Anxiety More Life community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/lessanxietymorelife/