In this episode I talk to Katherine Stone about how postpartum Anxiety & OCD affected her life. We go on to talk about the organization that she's created to help women suffering today.
Katherine Stone (@postpartumprog) created PostpartumProgress.com in 2004 after her own experience with postpartum anxiety/OCD after the birth of her first child. She is also the founder and CEO of Postpartum Progress Inc.
Katherine has been featured by CNN, the Huffington Post, Yahoo, AOL, PBS, The Today Show, HLN, ABC News, iVillage, Health.com, the Washington Post and the Atlanta Journal-Constitution among others. Prior to joining the world of bloggers and tweeters, she spent seven years in marketing at The Coca-Cola Company. She lives in Atlanta with her husband and two children.
In this particular episode you will learn:
- What are the different types of postpartum challenges you can face
- What some of the intrusive thoughts you can face
- How Katherine reached out for help
- Why only 15% of women with postpartum issues ever get treated
- Why Katherine decided to start a movement to support people
- I talk about my own experience with postpartum anxiety with my son
- What do symptoms of PPD feel like
- What are the different types of postpartum mental illness that people struggle with
- How 1 in 7 or possibly even 1 in 5 women suffer from PPD
SIX THINGS YOU SHOULD AVOID IF YOU HAVE POSTPARTUM DEPRESSION
1. Scary Stuff
2. An Overscheduled Life
3. Thought Monkeys
4. Unsupportive People
6. Acting Like You Have A Medical Degree
For the full article click here: http://www.postpartumprogress.com/six-things-you-should-avoid-if-you-have-postpartum-depression