In this episode I talk to Mike Veny about Transforming Stigma. Mike is a professional mental health speaker and advocate who believes that there is some considerable upside when dealing with Anxiety & Depression.
Mike Veny – founder of TransformingStigma.Com – is a sought after mental health stigma expert, keynote speaker, and professional drummer. He delivers entertaining, engaging, and educational experiences to conferences and events throughout the world.
After suffering from a devastating mental health breakdown in August of 2011, Mike made the decision to use his speaking and drumming skills to serve others. As a person who painfully struggles with mental health challenges every day, he is committed to transforming the stigma surrounding mental health into strength.
Mike's Ted talk
In this particular episode you will learn:
- How mental health challenges can allow you to learn a lot about yourself
- How when Mike started understanding his mental health issues it made him better at his job
- Why it's hard for men to talk about their feelings
- At some point you have to make a decision to move forward
- How addressing your mental health challenges will not only help you recover but will also give you an overall better life
- How when Mike reached out for help he was asked to be a speaker at a conference
- The best way to influence someone else is to take care of yourself
- Mike's tips on public speaking
Become an Anxiety Podcast supporter: https://patreon.com/anxietypodcast
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/timjpcollins?sub_confirmation=1
Retreats page: https://timjpcollins.leadpages.co/retreat/
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222
Please click here to leave a review -http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
Join the Less Anxiety More Life community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/lessanxietymorelife/