This week I chat with Andrea Petersen about how anxiety has affected her life. We talk supportive relationships, parenting and evolving with your anxiety.
ANDREA PETERSEN is a contributing writer at the Wall Street Journal, where she reports on psychology, health, and neuroscience. She is the recipient of a Rosalynn Carter Fellowship for Mental Health Journalism and lives in Brooklyn, New York, with her husband and daughter.
In this episode you will learn:
- How Andrea first suffered with anxiety while in college
- How exposure and CBT was useful in her recovery
- Andrea discusses how important support from partners is
- How you can affectively support someone that is having a panic attack
- We talk about parenting and effective ways to support our kids to be brave
- We talk about Andreas newly released book "On Edge - A Journey Through Anxiety"
Become an Anxiety Podcast supporter: https://patreon.com/anxietypodcast
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/timjpcollins?sub_confirmation=1
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222