In this episode I talk about how I recently attended a one day event hosted by Seth Godin. I shared the biggest takeaways and points that were most impactful to me.
In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
Please click here to leave a review -http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
Check out Episode 148 for more on Seth: http://www.timjpcollins.com/podcast/longcut
In this particular episode you will learn:
- Engage with the people you seek to change
- Would they miss you if you didn't show up tomorrow
- Getting people's attention is a privilege
- Don't water down your message because the masses don't care anyway
- Not caring is a choice
- "You have the ability to do anything but not the assurance you're capable"
4 Key Points
1 - You exist to make change happen
2 - Who are you trying to change (not everyone as they don't care)
3 - Why will they pay attention and trust you
4 - Why will they tell their friends
- Reassurance is futile because there is never enough of it
- Don't shop for a method, show for commitment
- If you're not committed all the tactics in the world won't help
The quote from Seth's book at the end:
Dance with fear, dance with done, dance with the resistance, dance with each other, dance with art.