In this episode I speak to Cyndi O'Meara about how wheat affects us. We get into farming, cultures and how they eat, physical & mental health, monocultures and most importantly what you can do about it.
Cyndi O’Meara is an internationally acclaimed nutritionist, author, documentary maker and founder of Changing Habits, a health and nutrition business. She has been researching and challenging diet conventions to inspire people to make smarter food choices for more than 30 years.
Changing Habits, started in 1990 with Cyndi’s regular nutritional newspaper column. In 1998 Cyndi self-published Changing Habits Changing Lives, which is an international best-seller, selling over 60,000 copies to date and translated into 3 languages.
This year Cyndi launched a documentary ‘What’s With Wheat’ which investigates the growing epidemic of wheat intolerance and why after eating wheat for thousands of years, it has been linked to so many health problems.
The documentary features 14 global experts in science, research, health and well-being from Australia, United States, England, America, New Zealand and India including Dr Perlmutter, Sarah Ballantyne, Dr Terry Wahls, Dr Natasha Campbell McBride, and Dr Vandina Shiva who shed the light on how the harvesting and processing of wheat has changed over the years.
The documentary ‘What’s With Wheat’ warns that modern agricultural practices of wheat growing, the incresased use of chemicals and pesticides on crops has produced a product that is making people more susceptible to disease.
Over 150,000 people globally saw it within the first week of its launch.
What's with Wheat Trailer & More Info: https://whatswithwheat.com/
In this particular episode you will learn:
- How Cyndi took control of her own diet to overcome all of the issues she was having including anxiety
- Cyndi noticed that her anxiety was stoked by wheat
- "Health is not separated by the neck"
- Cyndi talks about how we would gain and lose weight seasonally essentially to continue the species
- Why alcohol affect some people more than others
- How cultures have adapted to their local diets around the world
- How Dr Kelloggs impacted eating habits
- How Ancel Keys demonized fat and pushed low fat diets. Making sugar a dominant food source
- What are monocultures
- What is Glyphosate, how is it used and what it does to us
- "We've exchanged infectious disease for chronic disease"
- Cyndi explains what the neural tree is
- What you can do to get started