In this episode Zander Robertson shares some great stories and insights that he's had in his life to date. Including following his heart to become a writer and making some hard decisions in the process.
Zander Robertson is NOT a professional writer. At least that's what he told himself for most of his adult life. A personal breakthrough at the age of 32 finally woke him from his slumber and got him back into writing where he belonged all along. The signs were there from a young age, when Zander ran a newspaper with his brother and cousins. What pulled him away from his love? Who knows? Social pressure? Failure of vision?
Experiencing vulnerability in a business mastermind group for the first time ultimately led him back to his passion.
Today, Zander enables world-class, heartfelt people to tell stories and share powerful messages. He's ghostwritten more than 20 books over the past 5 years and coaches new writers.
The article I referenced in the podcast - James Altucher - The Ultimate Guide to Reinventing Yourself - http://www.jamesaltucher.com/2015/10/reinventing-yourself/
Zanders Website - http://zanderrobertson.com/
In this particular episode you will learn:
- How being in a very competitive family can be hard on you when you're young
- How there can be pressure on what you should do when you grow up
- Why the deferred life method doesn't work
- Why sometimes it takes a 3rd party to open us up to chasing our dreams
- How Zander took a big leap to change his life
- How when Zander said out loud that he wanted to be a writer his first opportunity showed up
- How vulnerability builds relationships rapidly
- Why Zander moved to Jamaica & South Korea
- How alcohol plays less of a role in our lives now
- What is the role of being a ghost writer
- What Zander thinks about writers block
- What Zander's typical day looks like
Become an Anxiety Podcast supporter: https://patreon.com/anxietypodcast
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel: https://youtube.com/timjpcollins?sub_confirmation=1
Retreats page: https://timjpcollins.leadpages.co/retreat/
To get my Toolkit to Overcome Anxiety go to - http://timjpcollins.com/free
In the USA text "LEANIN" to 44222
Please click here to leave a review -http://getpodcast.reviews/id/1031117023
Join the Less Anxiety More Life community - https://www.facebook.com/groups/lessanxietymorelife/